Monday, June 14, 2010

The final countdown.

All of my funds are raised.
All of my clothes, hygiene items, and necessary packing items are in huge piles around my bedroom.
My suitcase sits ready to be filled.
I have a Toy Story alien plush ready to travel by my side.
Somehow the countdown of days flew from 248 to 2.
2. Two. Today and tomorrow and then I'm gone.

Despite all the preparation, I don't think it has truly hit me that I will be sitting down with my team to begin training camp the day after tomorrow. These people I've exchanged so many messages with will become more than just faces on a Facebook page, but my team and family for the next month. I'm actually going to be living in Romania for a month. That thought just doesn't seem real.
The love I've been shown by family and friends as I prepare to leave has been overwhelming. My entire youth group laid hands on me and prayed over my trip and myself on my last Wednesday night before traveling, I've received more than enough money to pay for the trip and have extra to take over with me, and just this morning I was standing in my other family's living room while my "Genetic Mom" prayed over the trip with my "sister" and "twin brother". I have a notebook filled with letters from friends and family to read every day while I am on my journey, and those letters have come from everyone, from people like my parents and grandparents to friends and some of my old dance students.

Tomorrow I zip up my bags and prepare for one last night at home before I'm gone. To celebrate my going away, I'm making a late night Cook Out run with one of my closest friends and my cousin, partially because I want to spend time with them before I leave and partially so I don't go into late night panic attack the night before I leave. Then it's time to get in the car, drive to Georgia, and embark on the trip of a lifetime.

While I'm gone, I will have no internet access, but the team leaders will be updating our team blog on how our trip is going and the work we are doing. I encourage you all to keep up with that blog, which I'll post the link to below.
When I get home, I'm considering starting a consistent blog, but that's another story for another day.
See you on the other side!

Days until Romania: 2.
Funds raised so far: $4,350 out of $4,350.
TEAM BLOG: http://10ro0616amb4.myadventures.org/

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss you! But I have no doubt whatsoever that God has something great in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, have an awesome time in Romania! I'll be praying for you and your teams safety and that the Lord will be made known to the gypsies.

    ReplyDelete