Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cliches.

Normally, I hate cliches. However, nothing about me lately has been normal*.

That roller coaster I mentioned earlier? Yeah, it's more like a cliff.
I have a decision to make. A life altering, big deal, serious business decision. The decision requires a lot of faith, trust, and prayer (Forget pixie dust. No one really wants to be covered in Tinkerbell's dead skin cells.).
Everything has been lined up. It's all sitting in front of me, just a tiny baby step outside of my comfort zone.
At this point, I feel like God has presented this plan to me and put the ball in my court. I can either go one route and wait for a metaphorical whale (Or literal, but I don't really think a real whale is going to come ashore solely because of me) to gobble me up and take me where I was supposed to go in the first place, OR I can take a deep breath, step off the cliff in front of me, and trust that God is waiting right there to catch me.
I've never been scared to go against the norm, so it would only be fitting that my decisions in the next few months (both leading up to, during, and after Romania) would lead me down a path that is different and "non-conformist".
I'm not ready to share just yet what this path I'm seeing is, but until the time comes for me to share it, I covet your prayers. Prayers that I may have the discernment to hear God's voice and make the right decision, that I'll be able to seek wise council and receive sound advice. This is a very big decision to be making, and one that requires a lot of faith and hard work all together.

More directly and less ambiguously, I'd like to share with you guys this video one of my friend (and Romania team mate!) Tory shared with our Romania team. I won't lie to you, I actually cried the first time I watched it. My heart is already in Romania and I cannot wait to finally arrive and be the hands and feet of Christ, a light in the lives of these beautiful people.
http://vimeo.com/4273395

Days until Romania: 56
Funds raised so far (Yes, I'm still fund raising! I know someone asked in comments on the last post): $2,838 out of $4,350.

* Normal has actually never applied to me. Just yesterday a customer came by work with a blue bandage on their chin, and I thought they were wearing a duct tape soul patch much like the one I wear when I pretend to be Apolo Ohno. . . then I remembered that no one but me does that.

3 comments:

  1. hey sarah its elizabeth from Sonlight. Can I send a donation to your address? Who do I make the check out to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah,
    This is kinda random, but while I was reading a book this morning called "Wide Awake" by Erwin Raphael McManus I felt called to leave a comment with this quote.
    "When you are called out by God, you have to take on a learning mode that recognizes you are called by God to explore unkown territoies and go to uncertain environments.... Is it possible that to create the life of your dreams, you need to get up and leave what you know and relinquish the security of what you have in order to discover what you only see in your imagination? ... Sometimes we think that if we leave everything we know, it's going to get worse from there. But it is possible that you'll never find greater contentment or joy or exhiliration until you're willing to give up what you know anf what you have for what awaits and exists in the unknown."

    God Bless,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete